Now meeting weekly on Sundays @ 9:30am
ABOUT VINE CHURCH - GRAHAM ROAD
Vine Church - Graham Road was started at 2929 Graham Rd. Falls Church, Virginia 22042, formerly Graham Road UMC. Graham Road UMC was organized in 1951 and chartered on January 13, 1952, beginning with forty-seven members. The congregation originally met in the Oak Street School (now Thomas Jefferson School), in Falls Church, Virginia. On March 7, 1954, minister George Henley conducted the first service in the new church building at the present location. For a number of years, local radio station WFCR broadcast the 11:15 a.m. service on a weekly basis. Like many churches, over the decades, attendance and community involvement dwindled. As communities became more diverse and younger, churches did not.
Vine Church has a strategic plan to plant 10 new churches in 20 years. The Dunn Loring campus was launched in 2010 on Gallows Road, in what was formerly Dunn Loring UMC. This location has built new relationships, reached out to the surrounding community and is ready for what is next.
In 2016, leaders from Graham Road met with from Vine Church and after much conversation and prayer, the Graham Road UMC congregation voted unanimously to become a legacy congregation. That enabled Vine Church to plant a new campus at their site. Renovations began in fall of 2016 and the site launched on Sunday, January 8, 2017.
For more info about this new Vine Church - Graham Road campus, email Pastor Todd Schlechty.